terça-feira, 19 de janeiro de 2010

Sem título


“I don’t want to train anymore,” a teary-eyed Mauresmo said at the press conference. “I had to make a decision, which became evident in the last few months and weeks. When you grow older, it’s more difficult to stay at the top. It’s a bit sad, but this is the right decision. I was lucky enough to have an exceptional career and to experience very strong feelings on the court.” [...]

“It became very hard in build-up to the US Open,” the 30-year-old said. “If I were able to enter the court, play and shine, of course I could continue, but to achieve this you need to put in such hard work. And I’m not capable of that. I dreamt of this career, I dreamt of winning a Grand Slam title. I lifted trophies in every city in the world and I lived 10 magical and unbelievable years.”

I’m sure I don’t have to explain how sad this makes me. But when it’s time, it’s time. However her life after tennis plays out, it’s going to be wonderful.

Momo was the first women’s tennis player I ever supported, and I’m so glad I got back into serious WTA-watching this year to catch her fantastic performance in Paris. Everything I’ve ever learned about her off the court has only made me admire her more. And I’m sure I’m not the only one who is going to miss her dreadfully.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário